Monday, July 18, 2011
I'm about to start a huge undertaking...earning my CBM and NWA seals. That means two tests and two tape reviews...hopfully just two, I know a lot of people don't pass the first time around. I'm sure my next few posts will consist of tapes for people to comment on and a lot of venting on my part.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I'm officially a "Grown up" now. I have signed a contract with WMBF News and Raycom Media. I'm excited to be in the Raycom family and working at a state of the art station ON THE BEACH!! I'm going to continue to posts shows, bloopers, and stories about my life here in Myrtle Beach. Enjoy.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Mississippi State University Starkville, MS
M.S. Broadcast Meteorology, 2007-May 2009
University of Mississippi Oxford, MS
B.A. Broadcast Journalism, 2003-2006
B.A. Theatre Arts, 2003-2006
2009-Present Meteorologist/Video Journalist, WMBF News, Myrtle Beach, SC
• Morning meteorologist for WMBF’s popular weekend morning show
• Produce weather graphics and “tag-team” special hyper-local weather
forecasts during the week.
• Blog, tweet, and update forecasts for the internet and mobile devices
and other social networks
• Shoot, edit, write and front news stories on a weekly basis
2007-2009 Graduate Teaching Assistant, MSU Geosciences
• Instructed broadcast meteorology students on performance techniques
and television forecasting
• Produced weather graphics using Weather Central and 3-D LIVE
software for webcasts on a daily basis
• Managed websites that focus on weather in the Delta and Northeast
June 2006 Weather Intern, WTVA Channel 9
• Created weather graphics for the news
• Wrote forecast discussions for the WTVA website
2004-2006 Weather Anchor, NewsWatch Channel 99
• Prepared weather forecasts to be aired live
• Created graphics and maps.
• Recorded a 30-second radio spot for each show
2003-2006 Reporter/Anchor, NewsWatch Channel 99
• Shot and edited video using Avid and Final Cut Pro non-linear
• Produced news packages on a daily basis
• Covered major events on the Ole Miss campus such as death of
Coach John Vaught and the unveiling of the James Meredith
statue and integration memorial
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I'm at WMBF News in Myrtle beach (no contract). I've been hard at work as the fourth member of an excellent news team. I'm the weekend morning meteorologist and I tag team with with our chief during the week doing special weather segments and tropical updates. I also report on the weekends and do live shots during the week.